North East Lincolnshire is on the south bank of the Humber estuary – the centre of the growing renewables industry in the UK. The North East Lincolnshire towns of Grimsby, Cleethorpes and Immingham, and surrounding villages offer very different things. But taken as a package, they combine to offer cost-effective, well-connected business locations within a few miles of stunning countryside and a great place to live.
- the busiest port complex
- the largest concentration of food companies
- fantastic renewable energy opportunities
- large strategic employment sites
- the lowest operating costs.
Did you know?
- An estimated 159,821 people live in North East Lincolnshire
- It covers an area of 192 square kilometers (74 square miles)
- There are about 5,660 business across Grimsby, Cleethorpes and Immingham
- There are 76,000 jobs in the area
- In 2018, the average annual gross salary for full-time work is £25,590
The Humber is covered by 4 areas on both sides of the Humber Estuary which are:
- Kingston upon Hull
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- North East Lincolnshire
- North Lincolnshire
There are an estimated 181,683 16 to 18 year olds living in Yorkshire and The Humber of which 5,180 are in North East Lincolnshire.
The Humber is important to the UK economy, with everything from food to freight, coal to cars, passengers to petroleum.
Businesses continue to invest and thrive in the Humber because of the strategic UK coastal location and global connectivity:
- Chemical companies
- Food Manufacturers/Processors
- Ports and Logistics
- Energy & Renewables
- Advanced manufacturing
- Visitor economy and tourism
North East Lincolnshire is the destination of choice for a range of global businesses from a variety of sectors:
- Young’s – the UK’s largest seafood firm
- Phillips 66 – a US energy giant that operates the Humber Refinery
- Orsted, Centrica and E-on – some of the largest companies in offshore wind
The combined port of Grimsby and Immingham handles 12% of all the UK’s cargo, it is the busiest port by tonnage in the whole of the UK and the 5th largest trading estuary in Europe.
Each year 500,000 vehicles are carried through the Port of Grimsby which employs 500 people.
Yorkshire & the Humber is the country’s largest food producing region and 70% of seafood processed in the UK each year comes from Grimsby
Cleethorpes and the East Coast strip are dominated by the leisure and tourism industry
North East Lincolnshire’s key employment sectors:
- Public administration, education and health 28.3%
- Distribution, hotels & restaurants 24.6%
- Manufacturing 14.2%
- Banking, finance & construction 9.9%
- Transport and communication 9.0%
- Construction 7.1%
- Energy and water 2.4%
- Other 4.4%