This accessibility statement applies to https://www.investnel.co.uk/
This website is run by North East Lincolnshire Council (NELC) and We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is:
This site is not compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Level AA
We know several parts of this website are not currently accessible, for example
- Not all content is contained in landmarks
- There are images of text, where the technology exists to provide text alone
- Some text has insufficient contrast
- Some links rely on colour alone
- Focus is not sufficient on multiple elements
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Call: 01472 313131
Address: NE Lincs Council Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU
The Council will consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
The Council is always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think the Council is not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: Digital-Inclusion@nelincs.gov.uk
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how the Council responds to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Council offices have audio induction loops and this facility is available at: North East Lincolnshire Council, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU
Find out how to contact us North East Lincs Council – Contact us
The Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is non-compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. The non-compliances are listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations:
The council have resolved several issues related to accessibility, on this site, however, we have not managed to complete the required works and the following non-compliances have not yet been resolved:
- The quote on the Home page, which is an image of text, when this should have been a blockquote, this fails success criterion (SC) 1.1.1 Non-text Content Level A and SC 1.4.5 Images of Text Level AA
- The site’s content is not included in landmarks and this fails SC 1.3.3 Info and Relationships Level A
- The map on the Why North East Lincolnshire – Enterprise Zones uses a legend that uses only colour to highlight zones, this fails SC 1.4.1 Use of Color Level A
- The Latest News cards, on the Home page have a Read More link with a background colour of #9b8a5d and a text colour of #FFF, which results in a contrast ratio of 3.39:1 where this would need to be 4.5:1, this fails SC 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) Level AA
- The top navigation links have a font size set in pixel (px) values, this prevents them being resized without zooming the whole page, using the browser’s customisable font preferences, this fails SC 1.4.4 Resize Text Level AA
- The image carousel on the Home page has previous/next slide controls, which cannot be operated by a keyboard, this fails SC 2.1.1 Keyboard Level A
- The image carousel on the Home page cannot be paused, stopped or hidden, this fails SC 2.2.2 Pause, Stop, Hide Level A
- There is no mechanism to bypass blocks of content, such as a Skip Link or landmarks, this fails SC 2.4.1 Bypass Blocks Level A
- Visible focus on links (in the footer and on the News page) does not have a sufficient contrast, this fails SC 2.4.7 Focus Visible Level AA
- There are HTML violation errors across several pages (for example the Home page 21 violations), this fails SC 4.1.1 Parsing Level A
- The accordions on the Why North East Lincolnshire – Enterprise Zones do not communicate their current state, expanded or collapsed, this fails SC 4.1.2 Name, Role Value Level A
The council do not believe that making this site accessible would be burdensome. The council are committed to making all of our websites accessible and we therefore do not seek to use disproportionate burden statement, on this site.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
All PDFs and other office file formats that were published before 23 September 2018 are not in the scope of the regulations, however, we will review all attachments where possible and replace with HTML as part of our continuous improvement process across our digital portfolio. Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Videos that were published before 23 September 2020 do not have captions and an audio description. Any new videos will only be published with these features, in order to provide pre-recorded media that can be accessed by everybody.
What the Council is doing to improve accessibility
We initially planned for this site to be accessible by the 23rd September, however, many of our specialist resources were diverted to the COVID-19 response, to keep our systems online and keep the community informed of the latest information, advice and guidance.
This has resulted in a short delay to making this site accessible, which is not how we planned the project. We aim to release an updated, WCAG 2.1 AA compliant version of this site before 23 December 2020.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15 September 2020 It was last reviewed on 15 September 2020.
This website was last tested on 5 May 2020. The test was carried out by a member of our Web Team.
The site will undergo a further test after our Web Development team redesign the site.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test.
Core pages, such as: